Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

Lovin' Cup

I met my sister for lunch at Lovin' Cup last week, a cafe/restaurant at Park Point next to RIT. It'd never been there before, but had heard it mentioned numerous times by her and at school all the time.

The place was very open and well-lit, contrary to many other coffee houses that can often be claustrophobic and dim. The purple walls were littered with bumper slickers and artwork, though not to the point of being obnoxious, and the entire establishment had a very colorful vibe. I enjoyed this, as most places like this stick with a more rustic, earthly tone that attempts to reflect the product as opposed to the personalities of the people drinking it.

We were seated almost immediately. Our server had about two dozen buttons and pins on his sash. I'm always curious as to whether that it the employee's choice or is demanded by the owners, since they are going for a hip college atmosphere to pander to the largely student clientele. Once at the booth we were left to review our meues and order. We noticed as we waited that the music being played throughout the cafe was oddly dramatic and intense, along the lines of Ride of the Valkyries, which was both funny and strange when considering where we were.

Overall I thought the experience was very refreshing and not what I was expecting. I think they achieved a very unique yet comfortable appearance that allowed customers to relax, and went beyond what a more typical coffee establishment would offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment