Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Senior Thesis I: Modeling

A lot of progress this week, in particular with Treville's modeling.

 The blocking process has quickly been overtaken by more concrete modeling. I'm still experimenting with more efficient was of displaying detail. The giant feather on his head, created as a polygonal object, is somewhat affective, though is very high poly. I am most likely going to be using normal mapping in its place to keep the poly count as small as possible  The image on the right is a feather texture I'm working on. The masks for his face is from another human model, and are more for placeholding purposes currently. Each mask will have a different face, in reference to classic theater masks.

 Some basic modeling of D'artagnan's clothing has done. I'm also researching jeans and shirt textures to eliminate some of the need for modeling. On Sean Foster's advice, I've also begun sketching more of his facial expressions and will be working on body poses. Sean's suggestion of drawing on top of existing character sheets was very helpful in blocking out general facial structure, and I've found many examples of concept art from Persona 4 and anime sources, shown at the bottom to help with the process. Through the facial sketching and texture map mapping I am learning to use Autodesk Sketchbook, which is a program similar to Photoshop.










No comments:

Post a Comment