This week's focus was primarily on the creation of a design document for this project, as well as preparing a presentation for class. Writing the design doc brings up a number of questions about what I am attempting to do, and is encouraging me to fleshes out some of the narrative concepts and logistics behind the project. I've been withholding information on the project's story up until now because of the limited scope of this project, the modeling of characters. It didn't seem right to introduce an elaborate plot when only a few assets and characters would actually be shown. In hindsight, this may have been counter-productive and may have left some of my audience in the dark. Hopefully the design document will be a step in remedying this.
On the production side of things, I have done more posing sketches for D'artagnan, and am working towards finishing his model. Sketching has really been a great help for visualizing his look and traits, and has just in general been a joy to do. The designing and drawing process has always been what I am most proficient at and enjoy the most in any project, definitely provides insight on the possible career paths I can take in the future. As for modeling, I am experimenting with creating modeled hair as a separate object, and I believe that it is leading towards good results. In regards to the model's application in a game engine some time in the future, I still have to research what are the best ways to go about modeling, ie. if a character MUST be a single mesh object or if some separate parts are allowable.
No comments:
Post a Comment