
Overall I've been fleshing out Treville's model to get him ready for texturing. Some minor tweaks, such as creating more detail in his feet and head have been the focus lately, along with creating his spikey frills. I'm also paying attention to the basic modeling of his masks, which I will then take into Mudbox to sculpt.The critique on Wednesday was very helpful in learning some of the aspects of the design I should be pushing. Shaun suggested that I increase the size of the masks to make them more recognizable, as well as suggesting I develop blend shapes for them, which is a very good idea. I also picked up some tips from Joel on a few ways to create Treville's massive feather, since Joel is working with a bird-like design in his project. For his method he combined hair cards and a small piece of geometry to create a feather, which looked very convincing, but he also suggested that I utilized Fur in order to create the desired volume for my feather.


No comments:
Post a Comment